After years of coaching individuals on a one-to-one basis, I began to realise that this was not the best way forward, for them nor me. Unless we as coaches can focus on only a handful of athletes, we are left spread too thin and unable to impart our wisdom and education to empower you, the athlete. It becomes a continuous cycle of ‘do this and then do that’, rather than an educational collaboration between the coaches’ wisdom and that of the athletes.
Therefore, I have moved away from one-to-one coaching. I now offer an educational method of mentorship that I call Performance Consulting. My consulting goes hand-in-hand with the education outlined in my:
If you wish to engage my performance consulting services, I will assume that you have read my Trail Running Guidebook, reflected on my wave training theory of physical preparation & where applicable, critiqued my racing theories via utilisation of my Training Planners.
The Find Your Feet Trail Running Guidebook is a summary of my personal coaching methodologies with a focus on sustainable, long term health & training successes. Every small piece of advice that I know can help you run smoother, longer and towards your wildest potential.
- My 3 secrets to success
- Stress, stressors and avoiding overtraining
- The foundations of SMART training
- Night running
- Running technique including, flat, uphill, downhill, trails, stairs, and hiking
- Training for hills without hills
- Psychology of racing
- Common injuries
- Older athletes
- Nutrition and hydration
- Mandatory & trail running gear
- The sessions outlined in my Training Planners
- How to tailor your training to suit your racing and lifestyle requirements
Here you will find a growing collection of running training planners. These 10-week to 6-month guides are designed to support and provide clarity to my Trail Running Guidebook, and to assist you to your chosen endeavour. They are suitable for anyone of any ability, although obviously the longer distance, such as the 100-mile plan, assumes that you have a history of running behind you.
Here you will find:
1. EVENT-SPECIFIC PLANS: such as the Ultra Trail Australia events, Point to Pinnacle uphill 1/2 marathon, & the Run Larapinta multi-day stage races.
2. DISTANCE SPECIFIC PLANS: 100 Miler... (MORE COMING SOON)
3. ROAD RUNNING PLANS: Marathon 42.2km... (MORE COMING SOON)
These resources will help support the knowledge you gain from the Trail Running Guidebook and Training Planners. They are a combination of my services - performance coaching and blog posts - and services presented by Find Your Feet - Podcast and Retail Store.
· be wilder · play wilder · perform wilder ·