Listen to this podcast with ABC Radio about Athletes Anonymous and the ethos behind it:
HOW IT WORKS
- Support groups meet monthly and are hosted by an AA Group Leader
- Meetings are advertised via our Facebook Page @AthletesAnonymousAustralia
- All meetings are FREE! We simply require your name and email address on attendance at your first meeting.
- The support groups are hosted inside at venues selected by your AA Group Leader
- Participants are asked to contribute questions and their own knowledge to a 'round table discussion' about particular topics.
- Whilst the AA Group Leader's role is to host the discussions, it is our wish that all participants are contributors to our growing knowledge and feeling of support. If you do not wish to speak, that is also fine! We just request you are active as a listener and over time, as you grow as an athlete, you may wish to contribute your experiences. Non-athletes, wanna-be athletes and supporters of athletes are also very, very welcome to attend.
- Some sessions may involve talks or presentations by specialists such as allied health providers, coachers and elite athletes.
- We encourage all participants to continue using our Facebook Page to post questions, comments and continued support for athletes around Australia.
- Meeting duration is 60 minutes
- Our inaugural Athletes Anonymous Support Group hosted on November 29 was a major success! Come along to our Christmas Party to be hosted at the Hobart Waterworks Reserve (at the very far end of the reservoirs) on Saturday 16 December @4:30-6pm. We will head out for a very social jog/walk then have a shared picnic. Bring a plate to share. Bring your friends! Bring joyful festivities!
- RSVP via our Facebook Event or just turn up...
- The inaugural Athletes Anonymous Mackay Support Group will be hosted by endurance running coach, Martin Lambert, at the Mackay Botanical Gardens on Tuesday 19 December 2017 @5:45-7pm.
- The theme for this evening is 'Breaking Barriers' - when have you pushed beyond barriers? What did you learn? What challenges restrict you from realising our dreams? What can we learn from one another? When should we push boldly forward and when should we pull back.
- RSVP at our Facebook Event or just turn up!
keen to start an AA group near you?
We are always eager to hear from individuals interested in launching an AA Support Group! Our dream is to have AA Support Groups around Australia and potentially, even further afield. Please send us a message through our AA Facebook Page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Subscribe to the Hanny Allston mailing list for exclusive training resources, personal updates, and inspiration to play wilder!
Proudly powered by Weebly